Wednesday 24 August 2011

Photographing Timberland Boots

I was given a pair of Timberland® Classic Boots to bring along to Horqin Desert. At first I was unsure about the whole idea, those boots look so heavy and uncomfortable! Now that I'm back from the trip – after spending 9 long days together in the great outdoor – I can't help but fall in love with this 1973 classic.

I hope I am not showing an early symptom of some weird fetish!

One of the many challenges I have set for the trip was to photograph the boots at location. To showcase these boots where they truly belong, creatively. Below are some of the shots that I like and hopefully will inspire you guys to get out there and enjoy the great outdoor... in a pair of Timberland boots of course :-p



It was drizzling non-stop on Day 2 at Horqin Desert (ironic isn't it). We were transported to the Timberland Forest to perform Poplar tree trimming. This shot was taken while everybody was busy preparing for the group shot.



Lately, I have developed a passion in taking motion blue shots. I saw some static boots and some approaching boots, that's when I seized the moment and took this 1/15 handheld shot. I will put the camera to burst mode and take multiple shots as the tendency of getting blurry shots (due to hand shake) is high.



I have this idea of showing agility and lightness. This shot was taken during toilet break and we have to cross over the low wall to get to the heavenly-smelling toilets. I kneeled down and waited for some actions. 1/15 at burst mode.




Another 1/15 shot with slightly more extreme motion blur.



Day 3 was bright and sunny and we really felt the desert heat!


No boots shot is complete without a good old print on the desert soil.


A shot showing the boots in both standing and seating position.



Of course a boots group shot to wrap up the day. We are the Singapore and Malaysia Timberland Earthkeepers class 2011. Look closer and you will spot celebrities, journalists, photographers, bloggers and the good people from TBL.



To see more of Horqin Desert, be a Facebook fan of TimberlandSG


3 comments:

  1. I used to have a pair of TBL classic boot. Maybe its time for me to own one again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have mine, dunno if I can still fit? LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's organize a TBL classic boots party LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete